This recipe is so simple, you will need:
1 large onion pealed and thinly sliced.
GF flour (I used Pamelas All Purpose)
little salt and pepper to taste
Be forewarned on this recipe, measurements are to texture and taste.
1. First peal and cut the onion.
2. Dust the sliced onion with flour.
3. In a shallow bowl mix about 1 c flour with 1 c water. Wisk until smooth, add water until think like pancake batter.
4. Heat oil in pan, only about 1/4 high. A little less if you prefer.
5. Drag onions through the flour and water then set in the pan to pan fry till golden.
Here is a picture of what the onions look like in the batter. I like my batter slightly thinner.
Remove the onions and set them on a paper towel. You can put them on a cookie sheet in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit to keep warm while you cook the rest of your dinner.
These were so tasty!! But I remembered why I almost never cook them. The kitchen was a disaster from the oil!
I hope you enjoy your GF onion rings once in a blue moon like us.