Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Sun Basket Meal Delivery

I have wanted to freshen up my kitchen and try new things so I decided to try a couple meal delivery companies. Now, I am reviewing them for you to try your self. If you want to see all the companies that I have reviewed, please click on "meal delivery service" under labels.


Many of you know feeding my family is difficult with one child being celiac, allergic to corn, and can have a few other things like soy and peanuts, then there is me who can not have dairy and corn. We struggled a lot in the beginning, but have got it down pretty good now. However, I had to find the right meal deliver service that we could all eat.

First is Sun Basket:

What I liked:

*Everything is organic. They even use the mayonnaise that our family can eat that tastes yummy!
*It is not quite as expensive as some of the other organic companies. But still a little high at $11 per serving.
*You can choose your meals for your box in which ever category you choose.
*They have a paleo option! That makes things wonderfully easy.
*Portions were great with some left overs.
*This last one is a huge plus!! The meat was all cut for me. I hate cutting meat. I found this to be unique to Sun Basket. Along with everything else being individually wrapped.


*It was also easy to bring a couple meals camping when we had a trip planned and I forgot I had a box coming.
*You do get the whole recipe book and not just the recipes for your meals. So if you want to try something else, you have the recipe.


What I did not like:

*Meals were still on the pricy side (except for the introductory box.)
*Flavors were not as powerful as the other companies.
*Meals could use more greens. (Only because I like every meal to have a green veggie.

Final decision: I will try it again occasionally when my work gets too crazy and I just need some time to catch up because I made wonderful meals without having to shop, plan or prep. It was a huge time saver and my family ate well.

Here is one of the latest meals we loved from Sun Basket, it is a broccoli fritta with arugula salad. Even one of my littles went back for seconds!



If you want to try Sun Basket for yourself, if you sign up through this link, you will receive $40 off your first order!
https://sunbasket.com/invite/Kristen1095804

No comments:

Post a Comment