Well, I FINALLY got around to making it. I don't know why I didn't do it long ago, it took me about 15 minutes.
Obviously I didn't take to time to see how long the "hair" was. But L likes it that long. So, I guess it's perfect.
Here is my non-professional or correct way I made it. The right way would be to make a tube of fabric, fill it with batting and sew it together. I don't have any batting so I used fleece and rolled my fabric.
First, I lined the fleece with my purple, sparkly tule.
Then I rolled it into a tube and zig zagged the edges together. If I wanted to hand stitch it probably would have looked a little better.
Then I sewed the ends together with a zig zag and added my "hair" piece of fabric. I call it hair because that's what L calls it.
Here it is from the front, a little big so she can grow with it. I guess since it only took me 15 minutes I could have made it fit better and then made another one when she grows. I might take it in a little.
Here it is again from the back.