Thursday, March 19, 2015

Finished Patio!

Finally! It's time to put some pavers on the ground. I can't believe it. I was so excited to start, I didn't care if it was dark out. This is Monday night.


The pictures don't show much in the dark, here it is Tuesday morning. Since I got this, I asked Dr. C to fix my stove top. 3 of the burners don't light on their own. 


Because I have such a wonderful husband, he went ahead and fixed it. But of course just like always when we take apart something in this house, something it is connected to falls apart. He had to take out the igniter, but the screws were corroded and crumbled. Also, the burner part (of course I don't know what that is called) was all messed up (I also really don't know what was wrong with that.) He had to take apart the entire stove and spend an hour on the phone just order new parts. Since, the parts took a really, really long time to get here, this was my kitchen while we were laying pavers in the back. 

If you give a husband a job, he's going to have to take it apart... If he takes it apart, he will see something else is broke... When he tries to fix that, he will want to make it all like new...  


Tuesday night...


Wednesday...


Thursday afternoon...


Thursday, late afternoon...


Friday, Dr. C told me I would be cutting pavers so we can get the saw back and save money. Really? :-/ I thought I would be just laying the pavers and he can do all the cutting and get all his hands all rough and yucky. But, nope, he had to get stuff done and I had to cut.


Another view of Friday...


Mostly finished... I'm nervous about it being the right height once we pound it flat.


Aren't my cuts beautiful? I can't believe I was able to do it.


Another view. The step isn't done yet, but the main part is done.


Yay!! It worked, we pounded it down and it ended up being completely flush with the step.


Saturday. I'm so glad Dr. C was home to help again. Lots of cutting up here. He got to do most of it. I did just that little part in the front that you see.


There are a few imperfections that I know about, but over all we are happy with it. My hands and aching legs were not happy. But, now that I have recovered, I am happy. I squatted for almost every single one of those pavers!


All lit up at night.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your tutorial about covering the Beco carrier. I would like to draw your attention to the inappropriate comments that were left for that post. Could you clear them off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I haven't been blogging much lately and had no idea those were on there. I have deleted them and changed my settings.

      Delete