Sunday, June 24, 2012

Still more to destory

I thought demo was done, or I thought we could start putting the house back together yesterday afternoon when I was leaving the dump. But... today all the drains to the 2 upstairs bathrooms came out. All this came out...


And this:


Friday, Mr. C and I were going back and forth about demoing this bathroom. It was no we won't, yes we will, no, yes, no, yes. Saturday morning it was a YES and there it went. Bye, bye kids bathroom. Hello new demo crew.


Even though it was hard to see another thing destroyed in our house, it was a good thing. When a board was removed by the toilet drain, it fell off. Yep, it just fell off. The drain was just sitting in there not properly attached to anything. DISGUSTING!

I have been passing by the family room day after day with this awful tile that is a pain in the but to remove. The tiny jack hammer wasn't working too well and my mother-in-law suggested this little sledge hammer thing. I tried it and the tile went flying all over the place. It came out so easy, but needed a hard hit to get it good.


You know when you go to the gym and work your legs so hard that you can hardly walk up of down any stairs and they are all shaky? Well, that's how my arms felt after hitting the floor for about an hour. Not to mention the little flying shards that killed my knees.


That other bathroom we took out had a little half wall. We thought no way would that be load barring because of the location. Well it turns out one of the joists was cut, so it was holding that up. Mr. C had to go up into the attic and fix what was cut so that little wall could be safely removed. The attic is not a pleasant place.


Would you like to see some of my crew? From left to right: Hot foreman, Non-stop awesome demo guy, pop in help with what you need guy, electrician/plumber.


Now the better half of the crew. My mother-in-law has cleaned the kitchen probably 20 times in the last week, tried to keep everyone organized and she has cleaned up every mess all those guys have left behind while working in the back yard and taking my kids for some part of every day. We really couldn't do it without all this help! They are amazing.


While we worked yesterday the kids got to enjoy the pool for the first time. It was great for them and now little C doesn't want to do anything but swim.


Can you see, I'm a little paranoid? If I am not the adult watching, he has to wear his life vest.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have a room painted. Maybe Tuesday we will have some bathroom drains back in place. Saturday is moving day. I don't think we will be moving into our house, maybe just the trailer at the side of the house. At least I have a kitchen though and it is roach free!! We did set off more bombs and I was relieved to find the house free of roaches this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment