Sunday, November 24, 2013

Canning

It's time for cranberries again! I got little jars this time and they are much prettier.


I'm starting to get the hang of canning and learning a little about it. Like why some foods need a water bath and others need a pressure canner. The low acid foods need a higher temp for longer to kill any bacteria. The fruit will break down too much in that high temperature.


Since I am doing cranberries, it's a water bath.


I love the color of the cranberries. They will look perfect on my kitchen shelf (when I get it) through December.


Of course I can't forget a picture of my little helper. She got a new bike helmet and loves it so much, she didn't want to take it off when she came in to help me.


Next, I want to try to can my blueberry pie filling. I think it will be wonderful on pancakes or waffles in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment