Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Moving onto the Beach

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. - John Muir

This quote is as fitting to the Sierra Nevada as to Yellowstone as to here in Costa Rica. I am just in awe of the beauty God created for us to enjoy. I love that the Costa Rican take care of their land and try to keep that beauty here for everyone to see.

Early this morning I woke to the sound of monkeys, so I went out on the patio to see if I could see them. I couldn't, they were deeper in the jungle then I thought, but there were a few birds out. I wanted to walk around, but didn't want to wake my family by getting dressed.



Today we moved onto the beach. It was a long 4 hour drive, but it didn't seem that way. There is so much to see, even along the road. We even hit a little road block. Much different then the kind we remember in Yellowstone. This one was a high school band playing in the street because today is a holiday kind of like our 4th of July.




We made a stop for a snack.


Of course, the view was amazing.


We made it to our hotel and were greeted by this guy on the steps.


View from our balcony. This place seems deserted so that beach down there is all ours.


 We did some grocery shopping in Tamarindo and stopped to see the beach.



 Then we came back to our private beach.








After exploring the beach, I made us a real home made Casado minus the salad. I added the veggies to the rice instead.


A little after dinner relaxing.


Pura Vida,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment