Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Living Room Facelift

As I've said before, we rent, so there isn't a lot we can do to our house. Well, we have the best landlord and we could do pretty much what we want, but it's hard to put money into a house you don't own. Anyway, my husband has been gracious enough to let me paint. He understands that I want to like what I'm looking at every day besides, he saw the huge need for it also.

So, here is what our living room looked like before painting...


There are just no words for that, it's just EW!

And this, I tried to clean it.


Now, look how clean!


Can you see the old marks from pictures? Then if you look close enough, you can see some marks on the right about 1/2 way down where I tried to clean there too.


So much better!


Oh, this picture is lovely, the top have of the wall, there was a glossy white used and the bottom half didn't get painted. Interesting.


Now look at my little sewing nook. I love it! That lovely piece of art I followed the tutorial from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. It's super easy, I think I did it in less then an hour.


Here is a picture just for night ambiance. I love the soft green. It goes well with the beautiful ceiling. It's also not bad with the heavy gold drapes. I would take those down if the house didn't face west with the huge wall to wall window. I LOVE the windows, but it really is HOT in here in the summer. I would much rather the window then perfect temps though.


This room is so pleasant now. Now I have to figure out what I want above the couch. I think I have something in mind, I will let you know when I decide for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment