Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one holiday I love. It's my excuse to make all the decisions about what I want to do on that day and I don't have to feel guilty about asking my husband to do all the cleaning. Mr. C knows I love flowers and gardening so he decided after breakfast that we would go to Armstrong to pick a couple potted flowers.

I let little C be in charge of pictures this morning. Here are the daisy's I got. I want these to grow huge and wild. We have so much dirt, I just need some pretty wild color.


Here is a little 6 pack of something that is supposed to get pretty big.


Here is Mr. C posing for a picture while planting some more beans and corn. Those salva were planted last spring and they were tiny. The pink flowers kept getting eaten by the rabbits until I started planting onions all around the flowers. The onions work wonders! I also use some stinky stuff called "Rabbit Scram." That works pretty good, but it stinks. The onions are much better and I get nice organic onions out of it.


Here are some flowers we planted as seeds in egg cartons a couple weeks ago.



I'm transfering them to these so they can get bigger before I plant them with the big bunch of flowers outside.


At church last night C and L made me a card with flowers in them. One is zinas and the other is daisy's. I love how wild daisy's grow. I'm so excited for those.



C is making sure that L doesn't water his side... It's always a battle.



Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in blogland. I hope you have a wonderful, peaceful day doing what you want.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment