Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tank Top

I've got my sew back! I haven't sewed in a while because of the poison oak and then just trying to get stuff done around here. I've had a couple things that I wanted to get done, some I'm still not ready to sew and others I just got too excited about to wait.

Anyway, this is what gave me my sew back.


Yes, I think I have a slight tank top addiction. I can wear them every day. More then half the clothes in my closet are tanks. 

Naturally, when I tried on this tank and loved the fit, I knew I had to make more... many, many more. I also knew I had fabric at home just waiting to be cut and sewed into this tank.


Yes, that is my new lovely label. Now, here is my new lovely tank...


I have another idea for a new tank using a slight change to this pattern that I can't wait to try and I hope it turns out. I will be showing you soon.

Ooh, I almost forgot to tell you. The shirt I bought was $7.95, the fabric I used to make the new one with was $2 and I have a ton left to make something else. So, I got 2 perfect tops for $9.95.

Kristen


I'm linking with:

7 comments:

  1. the fabric is great! nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, you stole my heart. I am a tank lover too. I'm so jealous of all your sewing projects. One of these days I am going to get it together and start sewing again, I miss it so much. Love to see all that your doing though. You keep inspiring me.
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out amazing, I love the fabric! Great labels too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool! how exactly did you sew the fabric on though?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, do you have instructions on how to make it?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too was looking for the instructions, as I am a tank girl too, with a zillion block tshirts that i won't wear. Help. and Thanks.

    ReplyDelete