Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Little Down Time

I'm just writing to let you all know, I'm still here. I didn't abandon my blog. We went on a hike in Black Star Canyon last Sunday.



And... I got a little poison oak. Well, not a little. Here is the side of my left knee.


I know, it's quite gross. But this is after 7 days and it is SO much better! This is the good side of my right calf. It's actually healing.


So, this week I have not forgotten about you my wonderful readers and I have not forgotten about sewing or knitting. I have just been so miserable that I can't really enjoy anything. I have basically been staying home in my underwear and a tank top because clothes make me more uncomfortable. The only relief I get is when I am in a shower turned as hot as it will go with the water spraying directly on my rashes. Yes, rashes! It's on my legs, arms and shoulder. You can even see a break in the rash where my tank top protected the skin.

Here is a little lesson I learned, if hiking in an area with poison oak, wear pants and long sleeves. When you get home immediately dump everything including shoes in the washer and take a cold shower incase you did get any oil on you, it won't absorb more by the hot water opening your pores.

If you have the rash, the extreme hot release the histamines in your skin, that's why it is such relief. The relief lasts for about 2 hours.

Ok, after all that ick, I have to post a cute picture of my kids before Easter Service Friday night. This is much more pleasant then the rash pictures.


I do have a dress I need to make. I think I might actually be up to it tomorrow. I really would like to get it done before Tuesday so I can give it to the friend that I made the carrier cover for. Now, I just have to decide on what style I want the dress to be.

Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Hope your poison oak is getting much better! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following!
    Following you back! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing!!!! It looks so uncomfortable!! I hope you are feeling better soon!
    ~Terry

    ReplyDelete